Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Job, New State, New Adventures

In less than two weeks, I'll be moving to Dallas, TX. This entire summer I have been somewhat dreading this move mostly because I did not have a job. BUT, now I can say otherwise...I GOT A JOB!! Can you tell I am excited? I am excited about my new job for the following reasons..

1. I get to work with students every day!
2. I get to be a 'boss' and manage and hire new staff.
3. I will be on the school schedule, which means Holidays and Summers off!
4. The pay was way more than I was expecting, which is always a good thing.
5. I get to be creative, develop activities, and plan field trips.
6. I will be challenged, kept very busy and I will get plugged into a new community immediately.
7. I have the chance to make a difference in the lives of teens each day!!
8. My school is only 8 minutes away from my new apartment.

God is SO good. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to move to Dallas and to work with youth. I am getting pretty nervous about the move (seeing as I have to move in two weeks and I have nothing packed or ready to go) but I know God has a plan for Bruce and I in Texas and I am excited to serve God in this new place!



2 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME, Brett!! What a testimony of God's faithfulness. Will I get to see you before you leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! I am just reading this comment! I miss you. I love keeping up on your blog. Sorry, we missed each other before I left, but I am glad we can stay connected through the blogging world. We'll be home at Christmas and maybe sooner, we'll see! Enjoy the fall with your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete