Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Day

I NEED TO BLOG!!!!


My life has been busy with work, work, work. We have a lot of deadlines due this week! Because my program is funded by federal grant money I have to pretty much tell the government what we do every second of the day, who is there every second of the day, and explain every little penny I spend. It's tons of fun.

Bruce and I went to his holiday work party last Saturday night. It was a ton of fun, I even got to buy a new dress! The party was downtown Dallas in a super fancy hotel. Filet mignon for dinner, and Starbucks coffee as a gift! It was nice to meet Bruce's coworkers and to have a fun night downtown, but I think my school's holiday party is going to be even better. I mean a Mexican restaurant, with about 50 teachers...oh yeah, it's going to be good. (Plus, let's be honest. Engineers can be slightly awkward in social situations.)

I'm really looking forward to coming home for Christmas and spending time with the people I love. Feeling very blessed and thankful lately!

God is so good. I like knowing that when life is good, God is good. And when life is hard/seems bad, God is still good. We're never walking alone through the hills and valleys of life, and that thought is so comforting! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Brett, you crack me up! Engineers + Party = craziness, right?? Ha! Enjoy all of the Christmas festivities! Is it weird to be hearing Christmas songs and not be in the cold? By the way, another restaurant we like in Texas is Rosa's Cafe. It's pretty cheap, but really good homemade tortillas. And, if they still have it, Taco Tuesdays. How long are you in Indiana?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sooo weird to hear Christmas music and see Christmas lights when it is warmer. At church the slideshows are christmas trees and snow...but you walk outside and it's still fall with leaves on the trees! This past week it has been cold though, we even had our first freeze! I'll be in Indiana from the 22nd-1st! I'm so excited to be home! I'd love to catch up!

    ReplyDelete