Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's November...Yay!

I have been in Texas for approximately 3 months. Wow. On the way home from church last night I realized that our time in Texas is a part of our journey. What I mean by that is someday we'll be telling our kiddos 'yeah, when we lived in Texas is was so hot,' or 'the people we met in Dallas were so nice,' etc. My parents used to tell us their stories from when they lived in Ohio and how they had to move three times, and about my dad's adventures as a youth pastor. It dawned on me that Bruce and I are having our own adventures, and even though we have tough times that someday those tough moments might be some of our favorite memories.

It was just a strange thing to think about. Dallas doesn't really feel like home, but we are beginning to belong more and more. I have no idea how long we will be here (that depends on Bruce's job) but I know we are making memories we will never forget. Our first apartment so far from home, my first job with a salary, our first Thanksgiving alone, choosing a church on our on, Bruce's time at DTS, etc. So many memories. I am so thankful God provided this opportunity for us (even when I didn't want to move.) Bruce and I are learning how to be married, how to fight well, how to communicate better, and how to do life together. Although I feel lonely at times, being in a new place, with few friends, I am thankful for God using this time to build my relationship with himself and with Bruce stronger. My relationships with my sisters, parents, and friends have also been strengthened by this experience. Because I live so far from many of the people I love it forces me to be intentional about calling, sending letters, etc. A relationship means so much more when you are invested and intentional rather than being friends simply because of proximity and location.

All this being said, I am SO excited to come home for Christmas!!! Can't wait to spend time with family and friends. I am so blessed, and I will be forever thankful.

Random Note: Bruce is getting glasses. We were in Lens Crafters for about 2 hours on Saturday. I think he is excited, now he can officially go for his dream of becoming a professor because he looks the part! I'll post pictures as soon as he gets them!

No comments:

Post a Comment