Monday, October 31, 2011

A Warm & Sunny Halloween

In the past few days I have felt constantly reminded about how blessed I am. Truly, truly blessed. This transition to Texas has been difficult because I miss my family, friends, and the familiarity of home but God is teaching me so many lessons during this journey.

My job is so great. I get to hang out with kids after school, who so badly want someone to hang out with. Today we offered about ten classes; Fashion Club, Basketball, Soccer, Cooking, Robotics, just to name a few. I love it that the kids get so excited to see me after school, and they are always excited to hear what classes we have for the day. Today I brought cookies for Halloween and I've never seen kids more excited. One of the many reasons why I love my job is because it's all about the kids. I don't have to stress if all my kids are passing or not passing my class. I simply get to build relationships with kids and love on them. And that is what I love to do. The kids I work with each day can be difficult, but I know that they are gaining something from this program and I feel happy and blessed that I was chosen to care for these kids.

My husband is great. He loves me so well, and he is so intentional about loving me. Today I came home to flowers, and giant hug. It is so wonderful to be valued and loved for who you are (the good, the bad, and the ugly.) I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful man leading our family. Marriage is hard, but definitely worth it!

God is so good. Even when I don't understand his plan. I am learning to trust, and my church community is helping me learn to trust God with everything. And for that I am grateful. Although I am homesick, I am so grateful for a God who is greater than all my fears and worries. He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment