Wednesday, April 16, 2014

wild

One of my goals for 2014 was to read about 3 books a month or about 36 books this year.  So far I've completed 9 books (a bit behind!) and currently I'm reading wild by Cheryl Strayed and The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler.

So far it's been a struggle to get through wild.  It is interesting reading about Cheryl's hike through the Pacific Crest Trail, it's just that I keep thinking there will be more.  More of what I don't know?  the book has inspired me to do some hiking.  Probably not the PCT (who knows, maybe someday?) but definitely something this summer!  Being in the wilderness has a way of showing you your own insignificance while highlighting the grandeur of the Lord.  It is almost like the beauty of the wilderness is testifying to God's glory and beauty.

Currently Mark is waking up from his nap, but he only slept for about an hour and a half.  Also, last night we were up pretty much from about 2:30-4:30 because he was having trouble sleeping because of his teeth.  I officially hate the teething process.  All I can give him is ibuprofen or tylenol. (And I'm pretty convinced neither help that much.)  I need rest, and so does my baby.  Prayers please.

Going to comfort my little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment