Thursday, April 24, 2014

A little of this, and a bit of that..

Hi All.

We've had a busy week.  Last weekend (Easter weekend) was awesome!  We were able to go to a museum downtown on Friday!  Bruce had the day off so it was fun to go as a family and watch Mark explore the museum.  On Saturday we got to meet up with an old friend from Purdue, and it was so fun to catch up on each others lives.  Saturday night we had the pleasure of attending a beautiful wedding.  The couple is in our Home Group and almost our entire group was there to celebrate with them.  It was a fun night out without our baby.  Sunday was Easter and it was blessed.  We were able to break bread with some of Bruce's wonderful coworkers, and Mark enjoyed every minute of playing outside, following the 'big kids', and dying eggs.  Mark slept pretty hard that night.  All in all it was a great weekend and I feel so blessed to have wonderful family and friends to celebrate Christ's resurrection with.

Finished the book wild over the weekend and I would not change anything I said in my previous post about it.  It was not one of my favorite books, nor would I recommend it to anyone.  Into the Wild is a much better read if you are interested in reading about 'adventure in the wild."

Also, finished Sense and Sensibility this week.  I really enjoy Austen's writing and I gobbled this classic up quickly after my boredom with wild.  I've seen the movie before but I had never read the book.  Glad I did, the book was much better than the movie and good light hearted entertainment.  Fun read.  On to my next novel...not sure what it will be yet, but I am still reading The Explicit Gospel which has been good so far.  Lots of Biblical truth presented and great reminders about The Gospel.

My training at the Pregnancy Center is going well, and I am really starting to love this ministry!  We had a training Tuesday night about the different ministry's in the area that the center partners with and it was so encouraging to hear how the Lord is at work in the city of Dallas and the metroplex.  For the first time in a long time I felt a nudging in my heart that there may be something the Lord is trying to prepare me for that is bigger than just volunteering at the Pregnancy Center.  I mean besides being a mom (which is what I feel like I was created to do/my passion),  I think serving young women, alone, and in crisis situation because of pregnancy or abuse could be a future calling or passion of mine.  I am not sure how the Lord is going to use me in the arena but I am eager to serve and excited to have the opportunity to love on others in the name of Christ.  I've already seen the Lord at work in many of the women I have met, and even in the most dire of circumstances I also see His light pushing back darkness.

Mark has had a much better week with his teeth, which means I've had a much better week as his mommy!  It's been fun to play and laugh with him this week.  I feel like my baby is turning into a little boy right before my eyes and I'm not ready for it!

That's all for now!  Enjoy your week!  (Almost the weekend!!  Yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment