Friday, June 6, 2014

I'm Weird!

Is it weird that sometimes my motivation for blogging is because I enjoy looking back through my old posts, and someday I like to think I'll have an online 'diary' of sorts that will recap my thoughts and feelings throughout my life?  Good.  I did not think it was weird either.  I'll continue! :)

Being content is something that I struggle with daily.  It's weird, because mentally I know that I am blessed and I have wonderful family, friends, and even material blessings, but some days it's still tough to be content.  I miss my family and friends in the midwest.  Some days (like today) I wish I could go hang out with my mom and spend the day together playing with and enjoying my baby.  Motherhood is a  difficult thing, and I don't think we were meant to do it alone.  I'm not just taking husbands here; I mean community intentionally being apart of each other's lives for the good of the children and for the good of the mommys and daddys (who are tired!).  We need to raise our children alongside others who can help us.  Who can help us teach our kids things we can't by ourselves.  For their kids to play with our kids, and for moms to say to one another, "yeah, I had a rough night last night too."  To know we are not in it alone.  American culture has become so larger-than life with expectations for oneself.  I feel like someone is always telling us we need to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and 'figure it out', 'do it ourselves.'  Well this momma is saying NO.  I need help.  And I will ask for it.  Because in the end, having help, and real intentional community- people who love me and my kids- having those people around will make me a better mommy, a better wife, and a better Christ follower.

So what I'm saying is- I miss that kind of community.  I have it so easily available to me back 'home' in Indiana.  But in Texas it's different.  It's hard.  I have to fight for it.  I have to try everyday to be intentional and to open myself up and risk being rejected.  But for now, this is where the Lord has called my family.  So I will continue to fight for this community that is a life line to me and my family.  The Lord is using this season for a purpose and I am being sanctified through it.  (But still, can I just say- I miss the easy.  I miss home, family, and friends that love me so well.)

Looking forward to the weekend.  A sweet friend and child of some of our close friends here in TX is getting baptized on Sunday.  Also, I'm going to a baby shower to celebrate another little baby boy in our Home Group.  Love it!  Love celebrating life!

All for now.  Have a great Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment